Re: Two weeks to feature freeze

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Two weeks to feature freeze
Date: 2003-06-23 19:37:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > I put stuff in /tools so if something happens to me, you guys can keep
> > going.
>
> Yes, we keep going with make clean; make check, like everyone else. Why
> don't you consider using that?

The script is automated to run at night, it captures gmake output while
returning the proper error return code, and exits if it finds any
problems. There was talk others want to automate nightly builds, so
this a start for them.

Amazing you find 688 bytes worth discussing. I know you said "what
happens if everyone adds their scripts", but something that would be a
mess if everyone did it isn't always a proper way to judge if something
is appropriate.

If someone wants to submit a better test build script, I will merge it
into the existing one or replace mine.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us