Re: Linux 2.6 kernel,

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Arjen van der Meijden <acm(at)tweakers(dot)net>
Cc: Martin_Hurst(at)dom(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Linux 2.6 kernel,
Date: 2003-06-09 01:28:29
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 09:55:19PM +0200, Arjen van der Meijden wrote:
> Afaik, most of such changes to the new kernel branch are independent of
> whatever you run on top of it.
> There are improvements in scheduling of processes and threads, there are
> improvements on diskacessing algortims (I think) and such.

However there are a couple of things that probably will need some
effort from the PgSQL camp. Examples are the futexes thing (fast
mostly-user-space mutexes that are said to be much faster than SysV
semaphores) and async I/O.

Y dijo Dios: "Que sea Satanás, para que la gente no me culpe de todo a mí."
"Y que hayan abogados, para que la gente no culpe de todo a Satanás"