Re: Estimate of when CVS will be available again?

From: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Estimate of when CVS will be available again?
Date: 2003-06-08 18:32:30
Lists: pgsql-general

> Without making a seperate repository, does anyone know if its
> possible to enable anon-cvs? So far as I can tell, searching
> google, there is nothing that explains how to, nor in the info pages
> that comes with CVS ... but that doesn't mean that its not possible
>
> Am working on the snapshots themselves right now ...

It's very possible, but a bad idea, IMHO. Performance and security
concerns aside (enforce security through filesystem permissions
too!!!):

cd CVSROOT
echo "anonymous" >> readers # or username of anoncvs user (anoncvs?)
echo "anonymous::nobody" >> passwd
echo "readers" >> checkoutlist

for commiter in tgl, bruce, etc...
echo "${committer}" >> writers
echo "${committer}:*" >> passwd
done
echo "writers" >> checkoutlist
echo "passwd" >> checkoutlist

perl -p -i -e 's/#SystemAuth=no/SystemAuth=no/' config

cvs up
cvs ci

Use CVS_RSH = ssh, and make sure that committers commit files via ssh
instead of pserver. Change nobody to whoever is your anonymous user
in terms of file system security. If you have any probs, drop me a
private email. -sc

--
Sean Chittenden