System triggers

From: Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: System triggers
Date: 2003-05-16 14:15:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I was going thr. a oracle refresher course today. I came across this concept
of system triggers which can be installed on things like database/connection
startup.

I think it would be a good addition to psotgresql. I was planning to hack
dblink for multiple named persistent connections. ( HI Joe, I am still
here..:-))) In that case, it would be a very easy thing to do to open a
remote database connection whenever a new connection is opened to database.
This way remote database would be totally transparent to end user..

Can this be taken for future versions?

Shridhar