Re: Problem using ODBC driver from MS SQL DTS package

From: "Wayne Armstrong" <wdarmst(at)bacchus(dot)com(dot)au>
To: David Stanaway <david(at)dialmex(dot)net>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem using ODBC driver from MS SQL DTS package
Date: 2003-04-28 22:27:54
Lists: pgsql-odbc

** Reply to message from David Stanaway <david(at)dialmex(dot)net> on 28 Apr 2003
16:41:33 -0500
Hi David,
There seem to be some problems in the odbc driver when parsing statements.
Depending on other odbc driver settings, if the parse fails, it can just hang
or do other interesting things (in my experience). The parser does seem to have
problems with statements of the form select * from (select * from).
Try creating a strongly typed view for the second select from and change the
satement to the from of select whatever from viewname ?

Regards,
Wayne