sorting chinese characters

From: "prabahar" <prabahar(at)questech(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: sorting chinese characters
Date: 2003-04-25 08:22:22
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi, I have a requirement where I have to sort a field which has euc-jp
characters in it. When i sort them we find that Japanese Hiragana Characters
are sorted properly. But Chinese characters are not sorted properly. Can any
one give some sujestions how to fix it? I have set the LC_ALL=ja_JP in the
profile.

Thanks in advance for your replies,
Prabahar
Any Opinions, explicit or implied, are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Questech. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying,
disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.