jdbc problem

From: "milimeter(at)163(dot)com" <milimeter(at)163(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: jdbc problem
Date: 2003-04-24 01:38:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, all

I have a table: CREATE TABLE person (age char(4))
After executing "select age from person" with jdbc, I extract the value
with:
getInt("age")
Now is the problem, the same code can succeed on oracle, but on
postgresql, because of not triming space automaticlly, it cause an error.

So, I hope the newest jdbc driver for postgresql can automaticlly trim
space just like oracle. The same problem also exists when execute insert:
Provided "age" is an integer, then "insert into person values ('30')" can
be executed correctly, but "insert into person values ('')" can not. On
oracle, a default value will be added. So jdbc driver for postgresql should
also do it.

Yours,
mili