Packages question

From: "Andrew J(dot) Kopciuch" <akopciuch(at)bddf(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Packages question
Date: 2003-04-17 20:41:37
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm having some difficulty getting a database set up to use the tsearch module
from the contrib tree. I hope some one can help me out.

It's a Mandrake 9.0 server, PG installed from RPM

postgresql-7.2.2-1.2mdk
postgresql-contrib-7.2.2-1.2mdk
postgresql-server-7.2.2-1.2mdk

I much prefer to install from source, and I have no problems with version
7.3.2 installing tsearch from the contrib tree. Alas I am not the
administrator to this particular box.

Anyways ... I need to use the tsearch module, which is supposedly included in
the contrib package, but It is still unusable after install. Claiming the
type 'txtidx' is not in the catalog.

I am assuming that I need to install the tsearch.sql file into the database It
will be needed by, but that file seems broken. I have found in the mailing
archives some reports of this same problem ($libdir variable), and some
others with .so not being in the right spot.

Does anyone have a proper solution for these package problems?

Thanks,

Andy