Re: Stored Procedures

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: bugbug(at)shaw(dot)ca, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Stored Procedures
Date: 2003-04-10 22:49:46
Lists: pgsql-novice

Dennis,

> How do I implement ms sql style stored procedures in postgre ? I have ms sql
stored procedures like the following to insert data into a db that is called
from a web form:

Stored procedures are called "Functions" in PostgreSQL. See "Create
Function".

> In pgadmin I cant even find anything called stored procedures. Also...how do
I implement @@identity in postgre ?

PostgreSQL has a much more powerful construct called "Sequences". See "CREATE
SEQUENCE".

Better yet, buy a PostgreSQL intro book. There are several, and they are all
pretty good. You're in for a world of pain if you try to figure out
everything piecemeal from the online docs.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions