Re: Psql 'Expanded display (\x)' behaviour

From: Ennio-Sr <nasr(dot)laili(at)tin(dot)it>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Psql 'Expanded display (\x)' behaviour
Date: 2003-04-07 22:19:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

* Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> [070403, 19:05]:
> Ennio-Sr writes:
> > Could you please reproduce this on your PC and see what happens?
>
> All the glyphs show correctly on my system. It is very likely a
> problem with your pager,

Hhm!... this is fine for pg but bad news to me :-(

> since the expanded display probably does not fit on the page,
> so the pager activates, and that is the only way this difference
> could arise.

By 'page' do you mean the 24 lines of the screen? In my example, the
entire lot displays in half page, so no need to scroll. I didn't know
'\x' would call the pager: I thought it gave a different appearance to
the page.
Anyway, being this the case, is there any chance to check my pager
before re-installing pgres?
Thank you again.
Regards,
Ennio.

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo. \\?//
Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!" (diceva Henry Miller) ] (°|°)