Re: ext3 filesystem / linux 7.3

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Jeffrey D(dot) Brower" <jeff(at)Green-Visor(dot)US>, "Chris Hedemark" <chrish(at)trilug(dot)org>, <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ext3 filesystem / linux 7.3
Date: 2003-04-03 17:43:06
Lists: pgsql-performance

Jeffery,

> Can't we generate data? Random data stored in random formats at random
> sizes would stress the file system wouldn't it?

In my experience, randomly generated data tends to resemble real data very
little in distribution patterns and data types. This is one of the
limitations of PGBench.

Surely there must be an OSS project out there with a medium-large PG database
which is OSS-licensed?

I'll post on GENERAL

--
-Josh Berkus