About OIDs

From: Flower Sun <sun_2002_flower(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Pgsql Group <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: About OIDs
Date: 2003-03-27 20:42:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, group,

(1) I found system tables are all created without OIDs.
But the default behavior of creating user tables are with OIDs.
Is there any benefit to create user tables with OIDs?

(2) I heard that OID usage at row level will be a future problems.

(3) What's your preference to create table with OIDs or not.

(4) Will drop the whole database release used OIDs?

Thank you