Re: Off topic : world database

From: Michael A Nachbaur <mike(at)nachbaur(dot)com>
To: "Ryan" <pgsql-sql(at)seahat(dot)com>, <rudi(at)oasis(dot)net(dot)au>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Off topic : world database
Date: 2003-03-26 16:55:21
Lists: pgsql-sql

On March 26, 2003 10:56 pm, Ryan wrote:
> Your best bet is buying a good zipcode database that has lat/long, but
> would only really help you in the USA. This kind of data tends not to be
> cheap...

Either that, or web scrape mapquest.com or some other site that provides
lat/long for returned results, but that probably violates the acceptable use
policy of those sites.

I for one would be very interested in such a web service (I'd really like a
address / street lookup to find lat/longs for addresses, but thats not likely
to happen).