Re: Bug #899: pg_dumpall produce erroneous files if the databbase

From: Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug #899: pg_dumpall produce erroneous files if the databbase
Date: 2003-03-14 23:54:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs

--- Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> a écrit :

Hello Bruce,

> Well, we do dump/load procedural languages before
> function, as you can
> see in your output. The plpgsql has TOC #247 while
> the create language
> has TOC #252.

Please have a look in another message I made in this
mailling list : I made some patches in pd_dump.c that
correct all theses problems ...

> As for loading the languages, did you load this dump
> as super-user?

... yes but it is not the probleme : as no user is
attached w/ procedural languages (it's clearly
commented in the source code of pg_dump), it should
generate ACL of then in a scope of a normal user, and
not as super user. Again, I solve this issues in my
patches.

Bye

Laurent

=====
The misspelling master is on the Web.
_________ 100 % Dictionnary Free !
/ /(
/ Dico / / Pleins d'autres fautes sur
/________/ / http://go.to/destroyedlolo
(#######( / http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.