Re: Unable to delete row on 7.3.2 with schemas

From: Fernando Schapachnik <fernando(at)mecon(dot)gov(dot)ar>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unable to delete row on 7.3.2 with schemas
Date: 2003-03-05 13:12:32
Lists: pgsql-general

En un mensaje anterior, Tom Lane escribió:
> AFAIR, all our "permission denied" messages cite the object in question,
> not the referencing user. So this is complaining about access rights to
> the "usr" schema. You have not shown us enough information to guess why
> this query would need to look into the "usr" schema --- but presumably
> someone needs the USAGE right on "usr", and hasn't got it.

Wouldn't pgsql user has all the needed rights? The same happens if I connect as
pgsql.

I will fall back to the actual names:

maquinas.maquinas has a foreign key on public.ubicaciones_fisicas_propias.

psql -U maquinas db

db=> \d maquinas.maquinas
Table "maquinas.maquinas"
Column | Type | Modifiers
--------------+---------+--------------------------------------------------------------------
id_maquina | integer | not null default nextval('maquinas.maquinas_id_maquina_seq'::text)
id_ubicacion | integer |
Indexes: maquinas_pkey primary key btree (id_maquina)
Foreign Key constraints: $1 FOREIGN KEY (id_ubicacion) REFERENCES
ubicaciones_fisicas_propias(id_ubicacion) ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO
ACTION DEFERRABLE INITIALLY DEFERRED

No tuple in maquinas.maquinas is referecing public.
ubicaciones_fisicas_propias(7).

db=> SELECT * from maquinas.maquinas where id_ubicacion=7;
id_maquina | id_ubicacion
------------+--------------
(0 rows)

mecon=> DELETE from ubicaciones_fisicas_propias WHERE id_ubicacion =7;
ERROR: maquinas: permission denied

On the log:
LOG: query: SELECT 1 FROM ONLY "maquinas"."maquinas" x WHERE "id_ubicacion" =
$1 FOR UPDATE OF x
ERROR: maquinas: permission denied

db=> \dp maquinas.maquinas
Access privileges for database "mecon"
Schema | Table | Access privileges
----------+----------+-----------------------------------------------------
maquinas | maquinas | {=,maqadm=arwdRxt,maquinas=arwd,"group maquinas=r"}
(1 row)

db=> SELECT * from pg_namespace where nspname='maquinas';
nspname | nspowner | nspacl
maquinas | 103 | {=,maqadm=UC,maquinas=U,"group maquinas=U"}
(1 row)

If more info is needed, I'd gladly provide it (even a dump, if needed).

Thanks and regards.

Lic. Fernando Schapachnik
Proyecto de Informática
Ministerio de Economía