Incomplete Docs for PostgreSQL+ (Beta)

From: Chris Gamache <cgg007(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Incomplete Docs for PostgreSQL+ (Beta)
Date: 2003-03-04 22:26:38
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I'm still looking for a solution to my currval() problem. I'm still getting the
"Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01fb' An exception occurred: 'open'" For
conn.open connstr. If I slam the server with requests I can occasionally get it
to give me "Provider error '8000ffff' Catastrophic failure" on the same line.
I've searched google groups, and Microsoft for a precedent, but there is none
to be found, and no responses to my inquiries. I REALLY need some help! By the
way, this problem is not limited to PostgreSQL+ (Beta), but also happens with
the production driver 7.02.00.05 ...

So! In an effort to get to the bottom of this myself, I'm trying to understand
what is going on with the ODBC driver (when mixed with MDAC 7 SP1). This brings
me to the current point:

The docs on GBorg don't contain descriptions of some of the new settings for
PostgreSQL+ (Beta), and some of the defaults appear to have changed as well.
Perhaps I can work around some of the problems in ODBC+MDAC with creative
settings on the ODBC driver.

Any suggestions on

the errors I've been getting
alternate settings for the ODBC driver