Re: Changing the default configuration (was Re:

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Changing the default configuration (was Re:
Date: 2003-02-13 18:49:06
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers pgsql-performance

I was speaking of the 4.4 BSD. FreeBSD has the merged VM, and I think
NetBSD only recently did that. BSD/OS does do the locking by default
and it maps into the kernel address space. I believe FreeBSD has a
sysctl to control locking of SysV memory.

One advantage of having it all at the same VM address is that they can
use the same page tables for virtual address lookups.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us