inheritance

From: "Felipe Schnack" <felipes(at)ritterdosreis(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: inheritance
Date: 2003-02-13 12:04:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all...
I'm starting to play with pgsql inheritance features and I just wondered a
specific situation where I wouldn't have any idea of how to use it. Let's say
I create these tables:
create table persons (id serial primary key);
create table students (number int) inherits persons;
create table emplyees (anothernumber int) inherits persons;
Let say I can have a person that is a student and is a employee of the
company... how I would insert its data in my database??

Felipe Schnack
Analista de Sistemas
felipes(at)ritterdosreis(dot)br
Cel.: (51)91287530