Re: Mount options for Ext3?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Kevin Brown <kevin(at)sysexperts(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mount options for Ext3?
Date: 2003-01-27 19:23:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-performance

Kevin,

> BTW, why exactly are you running ext3? It has some nice journalling
> features but it sounds like you don't want to use them.

Because our RAID array controller, an Adaptec 2200S, is only compatible with
RedHat 8.0, without some fancy device driver hacking. It certainly wasn't my
first choice, I've been using Reiser for 4 years and am very happy with it.

Warning to anyone following this thread: The web site info for the 2200S says
"Redhat and SuSE", but drivers are only available for RedHat. Adaptec's
Linux guru, Brian, has been unable to get the web site maintainers to correct
the information on the site.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions