Re: PostgreSQL + SSL

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bhuvan A <bhuvansql(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
Cc: Pedro Igor Craveiro e Silva <pedroigor(at)aip(dot)com(dot)br>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL + SSL
Date: 2003-01-26 23:15:33
Lists: pgsql-sql

Actually, the new 7.3.1 error message is:

if (!S_ISREG(buf.st_mode) || (buf.st_mode & 0077) ||
buf.st_uid != getuid())
{
postmaster_error("bad permissions on private key file (%s)\n"
"File must be owned by the proper user and must have no permissions for\n"
"\"group\" or \"other\".", fnbuf);
ExitPostmaster(1);
}

so that should be clearer for people when it fails. 7.3 had similar
restrictions, but reported the failure more concisely.

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us