Re: Having trouble with backups (was: Re: Crash Recovery)

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: PgSQL Performance ML <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Having trouble with backups (was: Re: Crash Recovery)
Date: 2003-01-25 17:17:10
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 10:22:51AM -0500, Carlos Moreno wrote:

> Well, it was a good thing that you brought it to my attention.
> Yes, two minutes after I wrote the message I found the docs
> that told me it is an SQL command -- which means that I'm
> positively sure that I'm not doing any of those :-) I guess

If you have a lot of foreign keys and are doing long-running UPDATES
(or other related things), I think you might also see the same thing.
You could spot this with ps -auxww (or friends) by looking for [some
db operation] waiting.

----
Andrew Sullivan 204-4141 Yonge Street
Liberty RMS Toronto, Ontario Canada