Altering Column Date Types

From: Desmond Coughlan <psql(at)zeouane(dot)org>
Subject: Altering Column Date Types
Date: 2003-01-25 03:15:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,
I can't find anything in the docs about this. I want to alter a column in
a table, which is currently an INTEGER, in order that it be FLOAT.

family=# \d debtors
Table "debtors"
Column | Type | Modifiers
-------------+---------------+-----------
first_name | character(15) |
second_name | character(15) |
how_much | integer |
city | character(10) |
country | character(2) |

Is this possible ? All that I can see, are changing column names, changing
their defaults (if any), but not to change the data type.

Thanks.

D.

--
Desmond Coughlan |'Io non mori, e non rimasi vivo'
desmond(at)zeouane(dot)org