Re: 7.3.1 New install, large queries are slow

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: Roman Fail <rfail(at)posportal(dot)com>
Cc: <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.3.1 New install, large queries are slow
Date: 2003-01-16 18:43:02
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Roman Fail wrote:

I just had new thoughts.

If you make an index on batchdetail(batchid)
does that help?

I realized that it was doing a merge join
to join d and the (t,b,m) combination when it
was expecting 3 rows out of the latter, and
batchid is presumably fairly selective on
the batchdetail table, right? I'd have expected
a nested loop over the id column, but it
doesn't appear you have an index on it in
batchdetail.

Then I realized that batchheader.batchid and
batchdetail.batchid don't even have the same
type, and that's probably something else you'd
need to fix.