Re: PostgreSQL libraries - PThread Support, but not use...

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Lee Kindness <lkindness(at)csl(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL libraries - PThread Support, but not use...
Date: 2003-01-06 17:48:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

We have definatly had requests for improved thread-safeness for libpq
and ecpg in the past, so whatever you can do would be a help. We say
libpq is thread-safe, but specifically mention the non-threadsafe calls
in the libpq documentation, or at least we should. We have been making
marginal thread-safe improvements over the years.

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us