Re: Get list of tables in a database

From: Philip Hallstrom <philip(at)adhesivemedia(dot)com>
To: Riyaz(at)umapinc(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Get list of tables in a database
Date: 2002-12-03 20:36:51
Lists: pgsql-general

% psql -E dbname
dbname=>\d

at the beginning of the output it will print out the query used to
generate the table list.

-E, --echo-hidden
Echoes the actual queries generated by \d and other
backslash commands. You can use this if you wish
to include similar functionality into your own pro-
grams. This is equivalent to setting the variable
ECHO_HIDDEN from within psql.