Re: FETCH a cursor inside a SELECT

From: David Crawshaw <david(at)zentus(dot)com>
To: shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FETCH a cursor inside a SELECT
Date: 2002-11-29 14:09:27
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 12:00 am, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> Not too sure but how about inserting the variable to be passed in a
> single row table and select on that table from view definition?

Now that's a hairy one! I bet it would work too, but I have multiple
users on this db. :-(

Another possibility would be removing all the logic from my function,
and using a table join in a simple 'sql' function. However I was hoping
to run more than one query a day, and being able to read my own code
has always been a plus.

Thanks anyway,

David