Re: 7.2.3 for RH 8.0 anyone ?

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: "Andy Samuel" <anci(at)centrin(dot)net(dot)id>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.2.3 for RH 8.0 anyone ?
Date: 2002-11-29 18:50:00
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tuesday 26 November 2002 05:09, Andy Samuel wrote:
> Anybody has 7.2.3 rpms for RH 8.0 ?

see ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/binary/v7.2.3/RPMS/redhat-8.0

My ISP is having severe difficulties with their core cisco 7200 right now, and
my connection is popping up and down like a yoyo -- I was connected to upload
them Tuesday when it went down. And it stayed down a long time, and is still
not stable. I needed to move our mailserver to a more recent server anyway
at that time, as well as updating DNS, etc, which I did. This involved an IP
address change for the mailserver due to many factors.

So, I am not getting pgsql list mail due in part to this outage -- our
mailserver's IP address has been changed. After all the DNS caches clear
things will be better. Well, I'll have a couple of thousand back messages,
but that's not a big deal, as long as I didn't get unsubscribed to the lists
in the mean time (most of my other mail resumed right away -- but the
postgresql.org mailserver (relay1.pgsql.com in particular) still has the old
mail.wgcr.org address in place. So it's jsut a matter of latency. :-) (no,
our border router (cisco 2514 w/ IOS 12.0) doesn't do static PAT,
unfortunately, or it wouldn't be a problem)

While I'm at it, I want to apologize for the delay in getting RPMs out for
7.3. There are a large number of changes in the build, and due to my fourth
child's birth back in October I really haven't had the spare time to do this
set justice. I expect to be able to spend some quality time with the RPMset
this weekend. So I might have something for Monday or Tuesday.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio