Re: RC1 on Friday?

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RC1 on Friday?
Date: 2002-11-07 13:30:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >
> > News to me ...
> >
> > On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > Are we still on schedule for RC1 on Friday?
>
> I am asking. We almost got to RC1 last Friday, so I figured we could do
> RC1 this Friday. The changes between betas is minimal.

Since beta4 was a dead attempt (well, riddled with fixes that were
required), I'd like to announce and get beta5 out there and tested
*before* we do RC1 ...

Tom, my understanding is that CONVERT stuff required an initdb, and was
also the only thing 'critical' that went in ... correct? What impact does
that have? For instance, could it cause one of the regression tests to
fail, or is it something that is relatively benign?