Re: idle connection timeout ...

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: idle connection timeout ...
Date: 2002-10-26 05:26:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 01:04:55 -0400,
Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> The per db/user stuff is stored in the pg_database/pg_shadow tables per
> row, so they exist in permanent storage.

I have a question about this. This stuff is per user OR per db right?
When I see per db/user I get the impression that users can have different
settings depending on which db they connect to. But looking at alter
database and alter user it looks like settings are per database or
per user, but there isn't a way to (in general) set something that
applies to a particular user when connecting to a particular database.
If there is a way to do that, I would be interested in a hint where to
look in the documentation.