Re: 2 questions

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 2 questions
Date: 2002-10-24 11:23:25
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 11:36:31PM -0200, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:

> does Postgres supports divide partitions (data in one and
> index in another)?

No. You can do this manually with symlinks, but it's a pain. There
has been some suggestion of how this might be implemented in future,
but it hasn't been done. If you have the money, throw it at fast
hardware RAID. It will probably make the limitation less important.

> Is there any benchmark of Postgres? I know benchmarks doesnt show
> anything but...

There is still the press release for the Great Bridge benchmark
around, but the benchmark itself is gone. The press release is here:
<http://www.xperts.com/news/press1.htm>. You might also want to
check out the advocacy site for PostgreSQL:
<http://advocacy.postgresql.org>. And if you want the arguments of a
company that is using Postgres, and why we like it, you can see them
at

<http://www.icann.org/tlds/org/questions-to-applicants-13.htm#Response13TheInternetSocietyISOC>

(sorry about that long line).

----