Re: Antw: Re: Postgresql and multithreading

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Antw: Re: Postgresql and multithreading
Date: 2002-10-21 02:46:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> On 18 Oct 2002 at 18:10, Ulrich Neumann wrote:
>
> > I'm still VERY interested in giving those changes back to the
> > community, but i think that my changes are still not wanted.

Okay, can you submit such changes in pieces / steps? For instance, I know
there was alot of talk about how to fix/improve the global variable
situation, but nobody appeared to have picked that up and done anything
with it ... if you have, is it something you could submit as a patch for
review?

Note that as the source matures, we've become more critical of patches,
especially those that affect the *whole* server, so if you can submit
patches in manageable chunks, it becomes easier to review and get those
changes in before the next round of changes ...