genetic query optimization

From: iafmgc(at)unileon(dot)es
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: genetic query optimization
Date: 2002-10-08 16:22:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

First of all, sorry for disturbing you all guys with my email talking about
this subject again.

I am a Spanish student and I following a course about Genetic Algorithms. My
teacher suggested me to search for some information of how to optimize things
in a database. Then I thought about PostgreSQL. I have downloaded tons of
pdfs papers.

Mainly I have to do a small assigment showing what can be achieved with
PostgreSQL using genetic query optimization.

So far, I have found a lot of information but with a very high level, and
what I am looking for is much more simple: I just need some insight of what can
be done with the query optimizer and a few examples to start with and make out
a new set of examples or to solve a little bit bigger problem.

Hope you guys can help me out a little bit, with PDFs, papers or references.

Many thanks in advance

Miguel