Re: sloooow query

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: <marie(dot)tuite(at)edisonaffiliates(dot)com>, <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: sloooow query
Date: 2002-10-07 19:29:17
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

Marie,

> I am experiencing slow db performance. I have vacuumed, analyzed, reindexed
> using the force option and performance remains the same - dog-slow :( If I
> drop and recreate the database, performance is normal, so this suggests a
> problem with the indexes? I also took a look at the postgresql.conf and all
> appears fine. There are many instances of the same database running on
> different servers and not all servers are experiencing the problem.

Please post the following:
1) A copy of the relevant portions of your database schema.
2) The query that is running slowly.
3) The results of running EXPLAIN on that query.
4) Your PostgreSQL version and operating system
5) Any other relevant information about your databases, such as the quantity
of inserts and deletes on the relevant tables.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions