Re: problem to connect with postmaster services

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: valcauda Stéphane <valcauda(dot)aderis(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem to connect with postmaster services
Date: 2002-10-04 17:00:23
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Stéphane,

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 12:36:21AM +0200, valcauda Stéphane wrote:
> I have installed postgresql 2.95 with cygwin under W2000 without
> problems. But since I have reboot to be on my own account ("Stéphane"
> , with accent). I can't succeed in lauching postmaster service. "net
> start postmaster" give me back an 1069 error , fail to open session.

The above and the following:

$ fgrep 1069 /usr/include/w32api/winerror.h
#define ERROR_SERVICE_LOGON_FAILED 1069L

imply that the user account for postmaster has not been given the "Log
on as a service" right.

Please read the README:

http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.2.2.README

> I want to user postgresql with my student, on network to show them
> transactions and others functions, does I have to do something else to
> work with Postgresql on a network (If I have understood, I must open a
> server session with the net start services and the "
> /usr/bin/postmaster -D /usr/share/postgresql/data" command.

Start postmaster which the "-i" option and edit your pg_hba.conf
(if necessary) to enable network access.

Jason