Re: Output format revisited - booleans

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Garo Hussenjian <garo(at)xapnet(dot)com>
Cc: Postgresql General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Output format revisited - booleans
Date: 2002-09-24 09:08:13
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 06:43:39PM -0700, Garo Hussenjian wrote:
> Is it possible to configure a boolean to output 1/0 rather than t/f by
> default?

I don't know for sure, but there are several functions in pg_proc, not listed by \df. They (I beleive) cover these
functions. For example, there are two functions:

Result data type | Name | Argument data types
boolean | boolin |
integer | boolout |

I don't know what they do however. Maybe you can look at the code?