Problem w/trigger

From: Pat Marchant <pat(at)btree(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem w/trigger
Date: 2002-09-16 22:01:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I have several tables that use a trigger to automatically
update a timestamp field when a record is modified. The trigger
works fine using psql. When I connect using ODBC, a
modified record is always updated with the time that I
connected to the server - not the current time.

For example, if I connect to the database at
'2002-09-16 13:45:16-07' every record I change will have this
timestamp. I know the trigger is executing because if I modify
the record from the server console the record will have the
current time in the timestamp field - then if I change it
again from ODBC it will revert back to the old timestamp.

What's going on?