Bug #762: copy table from '/home/postgres/import' using delimiters ', ' errors on first line.

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #762: copy table from '/home/postgres/import' using delimiters ', ' errors on first line.
Date: 2002-09-09 19:52:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Jeff Post (postjeff(at)uwm(dot)edu) reports a bug with a severity of 4

Short Description
copy table from '/home/postgres/import' using delimiters ',' errors on first line.

Long Description
When I attempt to populate an empty table using copy from (specificaly while using a comma as the delimiter) I recieve an atoi error on the first row and the copy fails. If I add a comma to the end of the first row, I get a warning message about extra fields being ignored and the copy completes successfuly.

The file I am using to copy from is generated by an oracle application that is saved onto a windows desktop and ftp'd to the linux machine running PostgreSQL.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff Post

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report