Re: indisclustered and clusterdb

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: indisclustered and clusterdb
Date: 2002-09-07 01:57:49
Lists: pgsql-patches

En Mon, 02 Sep 2002 21:14:01 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> escribió:

> BTW, clusterdb is not schema-aware and will surely fail in any database
> where more than one schema is in use, because it doesn't trouble to
> schema-qualify table names.

Ok, the following patch should solve this concern. It also tries to
connect as little times as possible (the previous one would connect one
time per table plus one per database; this one connects two times per
database).

It's ugly and has the same concurrency problems that arose for the
original CLUSTER ALL patch, but I don't think there's a clean way to
solve them in a shell script. Maybe an indication should be put in
clusterdb.sgml that it should run separate from standard CLUSTER
operations or from other runs of clusterdb?

Sorry this took so long.

"There was no reply" (Kernel Traffic)

Attachment Content-Type Size
clusterdb.patch application/octet-stream 3.8 KB