New PHP/PG Functions

From: Chris Ruprecht <chrup(at)earthlink(dot)net>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New PHP/PG Functions
Date: 2002-08-28 03:42:45
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi all,

a lot of functions have been replaced in PHP with different ones, I think this
happened in PHP 4.2.0 (example: pg_exec() is now pg_query() ... strange
move).

Can anybody tell me when the original functions will disappear from PHP all
together and why this change happened? I want to avoid breakage of my
applications, just because somebody starts using a new version of PHP.

In my eyes, this makes no sense. An "insert" in no query, but now I have to
put it into the query function ... hmmmm ... :)

Best regards,
Chris