Re: Removing Libraries (Was: Re: Open 7.3 issues)

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Chris Ryan <xgbe(at)yahoo(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Removing Libraries (Was: Re: Open 7.3 issues)
Date: 2002-08-17 16:30:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Chris has made code changes to GBorg to allow for this based on requests
> from Dave Page (ie. PgAdminII) ... so there is no problems with that ...
>
> As for keeping them in our main CVS, the more we put over onto GBorg, the
> more it will get used, test, debugged, pounded and stabilized ... hell,
> maybe some of the 'dead projects' that are on GBorg will come alive again
> also if ppl are going to GBorg and find them, download them and hit the
> authors for fixes :)
>
> But, moving the interfaces over will at least give ppl a reason to go over
> and see what is there ...

OK, so create gborg projects for all interfaces, and allow them to
release independently. I think we have agreement on that. It can only
be a win. That also gives us a mailing list and bug tracking for each
interface, which is nice.

I think the only unknown is whether their CVS's should be moved out of
the main tree.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us