Unable to Connect

From: Ludwig Lim <lud_nowhere_man(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: PGAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Unable to Connect
Date: 2002-08-16 07:49:02
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi:

I've been using PGAdmin for quite a while, and its
a good, easy to use powerful tool. Today while trying
to connect to the PostgreSQL database, I encountered
the following error message:

An error has occured on PGAdmin II :
frmConnect.CmdConnect_click :
Number : -2147220999
Description : Method "~" of object "~" failed

What does this mean? I've the pg_hba.conf and
postgresql.conf. The networking configs are ok. I can
even access postgreSQL through a program written in
LIBPQ given the same parameters (IP, port, user,
passwd)

What should I do when I encountered such kind of
error?

Thank you in advance,

ludwig.