can pgadmin prompt you for data to enter into query / exporter for Openoffice

From: "George T(dot) Gibson" <gtgibson(at)jbstamping(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: can pgadmin prompt you for data to enter into query / exporter for Openoffice
Date: 2002-08-16 21:35:23
Lists: pgadmin-support

Is it possible to have pgadmin ask you for a value when performing a query
similar to how MSAccess does?

For example, I want to have a query where I can see shipments between two
dates. I do not want to hardcode the dates in - I would like to enter them
each time I execute the query.

select * from shipments where shipments.date > [Enter beginning date] and
shipments.date < [Enter end date];

I'm not sure if this is something that would be supported directly in
Postgres or if it requires an external program like pgAdmin or Access.

Also, has anyone written an exporter for OpenOffice Calc?

Thanks for the help.

--
J.B. Stamping, Inc.
George Gibson