Re: Open 7.3 items

From: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>
To: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Open 7.3 items
Date: 2002-08-14 07:45:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> IMHO it should look like an user in domain ;)

Agreed, but there is something to be said for doing a sort of users
per domain. This wouldn't be an issue, I don't think, if there was a
split_before() and split_after() like functions.

# SELECT split_before('user(at)domain(dot)com','@'), split_after('user(at)domain(dot)com', '@');
?column? | ?column?
user | domain.com

What would you guys say to submissions for a patch that would add the
function listed above? Maybe just a function called get_user(text)
and get_domain(text)? ::shrug:: Just some thoughts since there is
validity to being able to parse/operate on this data efficiently. If
those functions existed, then I think everyone would be able to have
their pie as they want it. -sc

--
Sean Chittenden