Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/tcop/postgres.cbacke

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/tcop/postgres.cbacke
Date: 2002-08-13 03:56:34
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

OK, seeing as no one voted, and only Tom and I objected originally, we
will keep the code as Thomas has applied it, namely that PGXLOG/-X is
recognized by initdb, postmaster, postgres, and pg_ctl. There is no
symlink from the /data directory to the WAL location.

Thomas, you mentioned implementing table spaces. Are you planning to
use environment variables there too? You mentioned that Ingres's use of
environment variables wasn't well implemented. How will you improve on
it?

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us