Importing/Exporting

From: Nathan Hill <cmsu_tech(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Importing/Exporting
Date: 2002-07-31 21:39:07
Lists: pgsql-general

I am new to doing DBA activities. I am trying to
write a bash script that will copy the value of a
specific field within a table in a postgres database
on one server and import the value of that field into
a table in a mysql database on a separate server. I
am not real familiar with sql statements yet so I was
hoping that someone could give me some advice.

My initial thoughts would be to copy the output of the
select statement to a file, copy the value that I need
from the file to a variable, then import that variable
into the appropriate field in the mysql database.
Where I am getting hung up is trying to export the
value of a specific field to a file.

Is there an easier way of doing this?

Thanks,

Nathan Hill