Re: Database Diagrams.

From: Tim Ellis <Tim(dot)Ellis(at)gamet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database Diagrams.
Date: 2002-07-18 19:57:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

> I have misunderstood me.
> What I have tried to say is: Is there any free software like ERWIN to
> PostGres?

Apparently, dbdesigner is closest to ER/Win. It spews forth SQL DDL
straight from the tool.

Personally, I've been happy laying out tables in Dia. Enough that I wrote
a tool to turn the Dia diagram into SQL DDL (for Postgres). This is less
like ER/Win, because Dia spews forth XML, and you run another commandline
utility that converts XML-->SQL.

Again, links:

dbdesigner: http://dbdesigner.sourceforge.net/
dia2sql: http://freshmeat.net/projects/dia2sql/?topic_id=45