Re: request for pager for \ commands in psql

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: request for pager for \ commands in psql
Date: 2002-07-14 17:49:42
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 13:13:16 -0400,
Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> It pages here in current CVS.

Thanks. I thought I tried setting the PAGER environment variable, but
appearantly I did something wrong when I tried it. Based on your
response I retested this and it worked.

Should I have been able to figure out to use the PAGER environment variable
from the documentation (rather than general Unix knowledge)?