Re: Query Speed!!!

From: Thirumoorthy Bhuvneswari <tbhuvneswari(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Chris Albertson <chrisalbertson90278(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query Speed!!!
Date: 2002-07-11 11:48:30
Lists: pgsql-general

hi,
my query looks like this:

select * from loom_details where date>='2002-06-01'
and date<='2002-06-30'.

* I do give 'select *' since all the columns are
required for the report.

* When I give the above query in the 'psql' prompt it
waits for 1 second to fetch the records and displays
the entire rows(about 3000).

* There are about 10,000 records total in the table.

* When I run the report, it actually does not increase
the RAM usage but takes about 90% of the CPU time
leaving all the other queries behind it.

Please tell me how can I increase the speed. thanks.

regards,
T.Bhuvaneswari.

--- Chris Albertson <chrisalbertson90278(at)yahoo(dot)com>