Managing database with PostgreSQL

From: "Elsa LARREUR" <elsalarreur(at)ifrance(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Managing database with PostgreSQL
Date: 2002-07-08 12:24:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

Up to now, I managed an Access database with a JAVA application on
Windows NT. This database was registered in ODBC parameters.

Now, I would like to port my database in order to use my appli with
Windows or Linux, and to do it, I've chosen to use PostgreSQL.
So, I woud like to know if we must install complete PostgreSQL
everywhere the JAVA appli is running or not?? (like with MS Acces : only
".mdb" files are installed and registered). In other words, is it
possible to manage a pgsql database saved in a specific file?

Thanks for your help,

E.LARREUR