Re: ECPG won't compile anymore

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ECPG won't compile anymore
Date: 2002-06-18 15:09:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 10:29:10AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I'd be inclined to say that you don't commit until bison 1.49 is
> officially released. Got any idea when that will be?

No, that's the problem. ECPG and the backend parser are running out of
sync. After all bison's release may be later than our next one.

I cannot commit even simple bugfixes anymore as my source tree
already has the uncompilable bison file. So I would have to work on two
different source trees. I don't exactly like that.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael(at)Fam-Meskes(dot)De